- How to Determine Parting Line of mold products?
- Parting Line
- Two shot plastic injection molding
- Hot Runner
- Mold problems
- Mold Structure
- do you know about" Injection molding"
- Mold Layout Design
- Mold Layout/Design
- Mold Wiki
- Die casting
- Delivery Terms
- 3 D Printing
- Manufacture plastic parts
- Yunpeng Certificate
- 3D Drawing Format
- Yunpeng mould advantage 2
- Yunpeng advantage
- Payment terms
- Delivery time
- surface treatment
- Plastic Material
- Good Factory
- Mould steel
- Mold tooling
PC+ABS injection molding pellets issues
A couple of years ago I analyzed an FR-PC/ABS painted bezel for an electronic enclosure plastic injection molded in China and found that their plastic injection molder had sworn they used the same material, but the batch that had poor performance had a bunch of silicone oil in it. This caused failing the heat performance test and very poor paint adhesion.
If the pellet shape look difference for sure the material was polymerized in other reactor as well as extruder and can affect the recopy of course the molecular chain, but also no forget the process can affect the moister in the material, cooling water in the tool, and the temperature profile I think before to say is the material double check the process.
There could be two major interrelated issues involved viz, material and its impact on plastic injection molding process.
As per my knowledge, PC+ABS always has filling related issues; as the flow properties are not very good. The process is usually pressure limited with higher residual in-mold stresses. This can lead to premature failure of the part.
The answer should somewhat lie in the MFR which differs due to change in MWD and MW. Test the good batch and the newer one and compare the results. A relatively simple and cheaper MFI test is recommended. Then other characterization test may help in pinpointing the exact cause.
- if you need help, pls contact me, I am Tea, my email is email@example.com
- whatsapp+8615958816137 skype：firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3D printing & Prototype
- Home Appliances Plastic Mould/Molding
- Overmolding Mould/Molding
- Electronic Plastic Mould/Molding
- Medical Plastic Mould/Molding
- Industrial Plastic Mould/Molding
- Commodity Plastic Mould/Molding
- Auto plastic mould/molding
- Packaging Plastic Mould/Molding
- Stamping Mould & Die Casting
- Silicone Mould/Molding
- Blowing Mould/Molding